Drawing For Kids Activities for Children Dinosaurs roamed the globe for millions of years. Despite having dominated the world for so long, they have continued to fascinate people of all ages for decades.
Dinosaur aficionados frequently have a favorite dinosaur, and if you’ve always wanted to learn how to draw a brontosaurus, you’re in luck!
Drawing For Kids Activities for Children By the end of this guide, you should easily draw a dinosaur.
Table Of Contents hide
We put together this step-by-step explanation of how to
Let’s Get Started on Learning How to Draw a Dinosaur!
- The first level of this dinosaur construction course begins at the top! Because the brontosaurus had a small but distinct head, we’ll start with it in this guide.
- Draw curved lines around the little head in the reference image.
- If you’re having trouble understanding the shape, try drawing it with a pencil until you acquire a feel.
Then, sketch the neck:
- The brontosaurus’ most noticeable feature is its neck. As a result, we’ll draw it in for this phase.
- Draw two curving lines down from the head of your dinosaur picture to include this.
- The reference image will show you what length and angle to aim for in your drawing.
Draw the dinosaur’s back:
- You can add a back after designing the dinosaur’s head and neck!
- This stage will be simple since you can draw a back for the dinosaur by drawing a line that bends up and down, as shown.
Finally, add the tail:
- Your dinosaur is taking shape, as you can see! During this phase, we’ll add a fantastic long tail to your dinosaur drawing.
- Draw a long line that curves in on itself at the end, as seen in the figure, to accomplish this. Adjust the tail’s angle to make it look to be wagging like a dog!
The legs and stomach have now been added:
- At this point, let’s add some legs to your dinosaur drawing to make it stand out! The brontosaurus’ legs are relatively thick at the top and thinner as they descend.
- We’ll only add the legs closest to us now, with the other two added afterward.
Draw the last two legs:
- Additional legs will be added for this shorter stage.
- These are easy to add because they only require two curved lines to be put beneath the legs you’ve previously drawn to look like the ones in the reference image.
- You may even modify the location of your dinosaur’s legs to create a new pose!
- You could even move your dinosaur to make it appear to be walking.
Now is the time to add details to the face:
- Step 7 of this dinosaur sketching tutorial allows you to express yourself more creatively! Finish your dinosaur design with a nice face and some small line components.
- You can reproduce these characteristics exactly as they appear in the reference image or modify a few details to give your image a unique style!
- To add some diversity to your dinosaur drawing, change the facial expression. What specifics will you include in your dinosaur drawing?
Colorize your finished dinosaur design:
- Your dinosaur drawing is nearly finished, and I’m sure it looks fantastic! However, one more component must be handled before it can be completed.
- This stage will be enjoyable because you can use your imagination to color in your adorable dinosaur design!
- We’ve demonstrated one method for coloring it using our reference image, which you can use as a guide or finish with your preferred colors.
- A vibrant and colorful background is another method to personalize your design.
- You can also try different creative materials to color in your drawing. Acrylic paints, for example, can give your colors a rich, brilliant appearance, whereas watercolor paints provide a much softer appearance to your drawings.
What materials will you use to complete your dinosaur drawing?
- We’ll look at 5 ways to improve this dinosaur’s appearance later!
- We drew the diplodocus for this dinosaur design. This is one of the most well-known dinosaur species in the world, but other dinosaurs may surround it.
- You can find images of various dinosaurs online to help you. What other dinosaurs might you add?
- We can only speculate on what a live dinosaur might have looked like because no one has ever seen one.
- This dinosaur sketch depicts the traditional idea, yet some scientists now believe that dinosaurs could have been covered in feathers.
- You could put this theory to the test by drawing these feathery details on this dinosaur. Again, photos of this dinosaur’s appearance can be found on the internet!
- According to scientists, a dinosaur of this size would have to consume a huge number of vegetation each day.