Traveling alone with booking Spirit Airlines? Don’t worry, as Spirit Airlines offers an unaccompanied minor policy for children who are less than 14 yrs. Children ages five through fourteen traveling without an accompanying passenger aged 15 or older can travel on Spirit Airlines as unaccompanied minors (UMC). Above all, Spirit Airlines’ age limit is similar to other airlines like Delta, though it differs from Southwest.
You must be sure that Spirit Airlines, which is a low-cost carrier, allows this policy for an unaccompanied minor.
Know in detail how to use the Spirit Airlines Minor Policy to get some benefits while traveling with Spirit Airlines.
What are Spirit Airlines’ unaccompanied minor fees?
Use the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor service that will cost you an extra fee of $150 each way. however, the $150 is not as cheap as other airlines. You can use the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor service just by paying this fee at the time of check-in.
Spirit Airlines is a cheap airline that offers several benefits at one time. so, is the unaccompanied minor service whose fees are very reasonable. Passengers must be aware of how the baggage fees work for Spirit Airlines. There is some different fee for different legacy carriers.
Use the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy if you are planning to travel with a minor and need some company!
What are the Spirit unaccompanied minor rules?
4 Years and Younger
Small children 4 years old and younger cannot travel alone. So, for them, guests at least 15 years of age must accompany them. This is standard for spirit airlines to prevent children four years old and younger from traveling alone. This is done for good reason. As children of 4 years are a little bit too young to be making their way through an airport by themselves.
Travelers children 5-14 years old can be referred to as unaccompanied minors if they are not traveling with an adult at least 15 years old. So, in this case, typical age, the requirement for an unaccompanied minor is a must.
15 Years and Older
Those who are 15 years old and older. They don’t require having Unaccompanied Minor service. However, they may be asked to present a picture ID or birth certificate to verify their age. This is a very important rule for the airlines to note. Travelers 15 years old or around that age and looks even younger, can be asked to supply a picture ID or birth certificate to verify their age.
We can say that Spirit Airlines’ unaccompanied minor service is worth noting. This unaccompanied minor service charge can be used for guests that are 15 years or older if it is requested.
Make sure you know that minors are accepted only on direct flights. they are not allowed if they require a change of aircraft or flight number. So, guys make a note that you cannot send an unaccompanied minor on a connecting flight.
For international flights, unaccompanied minors are also not allowed on international flights including in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
So, friends use the Spirit unaccompanied minor process to invite guests for children traveling alone!
Booking reservations for Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor service
Know how to find out how to do that below.
- Check-in at the gate at least 60 minutes before departure at the airport.
- Use the Unaccompanied Minor service, by filling out the form. This form must be completed at the airport by someone with photo identification before they can accept the child for travel.
- Inset this form into the lanyard they provide that the Unaccompanied Minor must wear throughout the entire flight. this form is needed for Spirit Airlines employees to identify Unaccompanied Minors.
· It is always better to use the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor service during the check-in at the gate at least 60 minutes before departure.
· Also, we suggest visiting the airport or check-in in at least 90 minutes before departure to be on the safer side.
- At the time of check-in, you can also use the Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy and enjoy the journey!