If you want the delightful flavor of a baked potato but don’t have the patience to wait for it, this baked potato prepared in a microwave is for you. After 13 minutes, you will have a delectable lunch that will make your mouth swim.
Best Potatoes For Baked Potatoes
The russet potato is the ideal variety to use for a potato that has been roasted in the microwave. Russet potatoes have a very starchy inside, which ensures that the filling will be delightfully airy, and they have a thick shell that crisps up wonderfully.
Top It All Off
Now, we are all aware that the toppings on a baked microwave potato can make or break the dish. So let’s speak about some of the combinations that we like the most:
- Butter, bacon, cheese, sour cream, chives, and red pepper flakes
- Butter, Cheese, Sour Cream, Jalapenos, and Your Preferred Kind of Chili
- Butter, Broccoli that has been Steamed, and Cheddar Cheese
- Butter, shredded chicken, New Orleans-style andouille sausage, bell peppers, and onions sautéed in butter;
- Butter, shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, cheese, sour cream, and chives sautéed in butter;
As you can see, there is virtually no limit to the variety of toppings that may be used on potatoes that have been roasted in a microwave.
How To Prepare Baked Potatoes In The Microwave?
When its baked potato night but you’re pressed for time, a baked potato prepared in the microwave is a time-saving option that tastes just like the one that took hours to prepare.
Ingredients Needed To Make Potatoes In The Microwave
This dish is quite simple, and if the list of ingredients doesn’t convince you of that, we don’t know what would. If we haven’t emphasized that enough already, we apologize.
- Russet Potatoes
- Pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Exactly, that sums it up perfectly! Now let’s begin cooking!
Step-By-Step Instructions For Making Baked Potatoes In A Microwave
The preparation only takes thirteen minutes, is straightforward, and will make your mouth swim with anticipation.
- In a dish of about average size, combine the hot water and salt you have. Stir the salt with the whisk to dissolve it.
- Prepare your potato by washing it and then using a fork to make holes.
- Put your potato in the saltwater combination for one minute while rolling it about the entire time. This will allow the holes in the potato to take in the salt water.
- Put the potato on a plate that can be heated in the microwave, and cook it on high for five minutes. After you have flipped the potato, continue microwaving it on high for another five minutes.
- Prepare your potato for presentation by cutting it open carefully, adding your toppings, and then enjoying it.
- Butter before cheese: When you put butter on your baked potato before adding any additional toppings, you give the potato a chance to absorb all of the flavorful salt that is in the butter.
- Melt your cheese: Before you consume your potato, melt your cheese either in the oven or in the microwave. If you do this, you’ll end up with all those gorgeous cheese strings.
- The “X ” cut: If you cut an ” X ” on the top of your potato to open it, you will have a baked potato that looks like it was taken straight out of a magazine.