What’s Black Friday?
Black Friday, the day after the Thanksgiving Day holiday in November last Thursday, is the largest retail sales day in the United States. It is often considered the official start of the holiday shopping season.
Cyber Monday is a 24-hour online shopping event. It was created to encourage people to shop online.
Why Black Friday Is Important For Ecommerce Retailers?
To kick off the Christmas shopping season, retailers used to offer a wide range of deals in-store on electronics and toys. The shopping frenzy has shifted online in recent years. 2018 was a record year for eCommerce retailers, with $6.2 million in online sales, up 23.6% over the previous year. Online retailers have unprecedented opportunities to increase sales volume and attract new customers as more people are opting to do their pre-holiday bargain hunting online.
Black Friday: Key eCommerce insights
- Black Friday shoppers are more likely to shop online than they are in-store. With more people using their mobile devices to make purchases online, it is becoming easier to do so. Black Friday sales are six times more popular than any other Friday.
- eCommerce retailers reported upto 240% and 380% increases in revenue on Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Cyber Monday.
- Online traffic is more than a normal sales day. It increases by 220% during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Flash sales are less effective than all-day sales events.
- Black Friday desktop shoppers spend more than 70% on retailers that offer free shipping
- E-retailers have a great opportunity to clear stock during the five-day shopping bonanza.
For eCommerce sellers looking for new sales opportunities, capturing a portion of the Black Friday market is a great opportunity.
Tips For Ecommerce Retailers: How To Prepare For Black Friday
Black Friday sales online can begin as early as Monday of the week. Make sure to be ready to engage bargain-hungry customers well in advance. There have been many Black Friday marketing strategies in recent years. The list is growing, but some of the most effective are:
- Using online merchandising to increase sales. Your best deals should be prominently displayed on your website to grab visitors’ attention from the moment they arrive. The most prominent offers are often featured on banners, heroes and pop-ups.
- Offer incentives to increase social sharing. Paying social media and Google Ads are the best ways to get more visitors to your site quickly. You can also encourage shoppers to share your promotions or increase social traffic by giving them discount coupons. These offers can be placed on the homepage, product page, checkout page and order confirmation page. Also, you can try sticking the coupon into your confirmation email.
- Create gift guides. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by sales. Helping your customers find the most relevant and interesting offers is one way to get them to open their wallets. Make sure you have multiple gift guides for different audiences (gifts for her, gifts to him, gifts of couples, gifts that are suitable for grandparents, gift ideas for entrepreneurs ), and include them on your homepage.
- Take advantage of emotional triggers. BlackFriday shoppers are just like regular customers. They come to you already eager to spend money. You can help them buy by pushing the right buttons on your website. Make sure you have visually appealing offers such as limited discounts, free shipping and referral coupons, or free gifts, in prominent spots on your website. Also, make sure to add a live support window for busy shoppers, who are often eager to answer any questions. Exit-intent popups, gift cards and referral coupons have been particularly effective in attracting undecided buyers.
Black Friday: How To Get The Most
This means that it is time to plan your shopping strategy. Black Friday is the perfect time to grab great Christmas gifts or just to stock up on items you’ve been wanting all year. With so many deals and stores, it can be hard to know where to begin. This guide will show you how to make the most of Black Friday shopping. Make a list. This will help you narrow down your options and focus your shopping. Once you have your list, go to the online and in-store ads for any specials. Black Friday deals There are many options available, so compare the prices and find the best.
Once you’ve found the deals you like, you can plan your shopping trip. You should decide which stores you want to visit. Next, plan how you’ll tackle each store. If you plan to visit multiple stores, it might be helpful to plan your route. To take advantage of these amazing deals, don’t forget cash!
Black Friday can be a great way for you to save money, but it can also take up a lot of your time. These tips will help make your shopping trip more enjoyable and get you amazing deals.